The Sourcing Engineer will be responsible for direct material and indirect material such as Power components, Control Panel, heat shrink, Cables, Inverter cabinet, Steel welding structure, Fabrications, machining parts, commercial parts，facilities, MRO, etc. management including - handling daily RFQ, developing and implementing the commodity sourcing strategy through analysis of global markets, raw material trends, technology, value chain analysis, and long term sourcing plans. Perform industry research to identify qualified supplier candidates to meet company’s needs. Benchmark best in class suppliers.
- Study the products and the market, keep searching potential for suppliers with good quality, best price, on time delivery and enough capacity.
- Develop right suppliers together with quality/technical specialist, focus on long-term cooperation.
- Commercial contract and prices negotiation.
- Keep working closely with Procurement, Quality and Product specialist for localization/cost down targets,
- Supplier management and development.
- Localize the transfer project and cooperate with BU engineers for improving design (R&D project), drawings (new transferred project) for fitting localization and being economical. Lead or support the related project’s management.
- Follow up purchasing/internal control policies and stick to compliance standard.
- Fulfill tasks temporary assigned by superior.
- Bachelor education or above, major in Mechanical/Electrical engineering is preferred.
- More than 5 years working experience in sourcing/localization area, machining/casting/sheet metal working and group sourcing experiences is an advantage.
- Ability to work in cross-functional, global team environment.
- Wide knowledge background for industrial products.
- CPSM or CPPM preferred
- Good quality and cost consciousness.
- Good result oriented and flexible personality.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Fluent in oral and written Chinese and English.
- Knowledge of ERP system. Experiences with SAP preferred.
- Fluent with MS Office.
- Strong sense of responsibility, good ability to work under stress.