Team Leader Technical Documentation
Job n. 1660123
Cavotec is a leading cleantech company that designs and delivers connection and electrification solutions to enable the decarbonization of ports and industrial applications. Backed by more than 40 years of experience, our systems ensure safe, efficient and sustainable operations for a wide variety of customers and applications worldwide.
Team Leader - Technical Documentation is a key & active member of documentation team, with key responsibility to execute various types of technical documents including installation manuals, maintenance manuals, service manuals, user guides, spare part catalogues etc. Documents are varied in different domains like mechanical, electrical, electronics. Along with individual contribution, person will take active participation in building team in India. High quality output (first-time-right) and on-time delivery of tasks will be the main focus.
- Create technical documentation (a.o. Operation and Maintenance manuals) for assigned sales orders
- Daily discussion with Engineering manager/Team leader at CoE for upcoming work orders, customer deliveries
- Guiding technical writers in your team on day-to-day basis for all types of documentation
- Planning & maintaining delivery schedule, quality checks, review of task done by colleagues
- On-time delivery and high quality (first-time-right) of deliverables of your team
- Understand the product requirements and work with different Cavotec engineering teams
- Gather information from various resources to create the required technical documents
- Focusing on quality, recognizing errors, and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement
- Training of (new) technical writers in your team on product, process and tools
- Lead the selection and global implementation of software for Technical Documentation and act as application manager
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering / Production Engineering / Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in leading Technical Documentation team within an international organization is required, preferably for heavy machinery/equipment
- Experience in technical writing and illustration for heavy Machinery & industrial equipment
- Excellent interpretation skills of Engineering drawings and illustrations, ability to imagine different views of a part/assembly
- Strong experience using Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Technical suite, 3DVIA Composer, MS office tools
- Knowledge of mechanical machines, industrial equipment, electrical equipment, control panel are essential, experience in maritime industry is preferred
- Experience with XML and DITA standards would be an added advantage
- Hands on experience in MadCap Flare & SolidWorks Composer is preferred
- Strong attention to detail, facilitation, teamwork, collaboration, organization and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English, both verbal and written
5-10% international travelling required.
Candidates not in line with the requirements described above will not been taken into consideration.
Please attach your updated resume in English to your application